Wren Laboratories Launches First Consumer-Directed COVID-19 PCR Saliva Test for Children Five Years and Older and Adults Just in Time for Back to School and Work
– Provides 99% accuracy for all known variants including emerging Delta or Indian strains
– FDA’s first EUA for saliva testing in young children
– Available and very precise for symptomatic and asymptomatic people
BRANFORD, Connecticut., July 7, 2021 / PRNewswire / – As schools and offices prepare to return safely this fall, Wren Laboratories, an international genomic testing company, has received emergency use clearance from the State Food and Drug Administration United for the WREN PCR saliva test, the country’s first direct test. Consumer Saliva COVID-19 PCR Test for Children Five Years of Age and Older.
Wren has been offering one of the most accurate saliva tests in the country since October 2020. Now, in response to the growing need for simple and accurate tests that detect all known variants, Wren’s new FDA-EUA clearance offers the convenience and accuracy of saliva PCR testing to make back-to-school and work easier in a convenient, safe way. and economical. effectively.
“A number of schools have told us that having a saliva PCR test widely available for children as young as five, who cannot yet be vaccinated, is a game-changer and will help facilitate the fall reopening if necessary of the country. ” mentionned Marc Kidd, PhD, laboratory director for Wren. “This ease of saliva PCR testing coupled with high accuracy and the ability to detect all of the variants currently known in asymptomatic and symptomatic people is key to building peace of mind and returning to schools and workplaces. and other daily events. ”
Wren’s over-the-counter saliva PCR test is now available for wholesale and online purchase by schools, businesses, event planners and individuals and can be shipped direct to offices, schools and homes across the United States without a prescription or prescription.
The Wren PCR test is simple to use, leaves little room for error, requires only a teaspoon of saliva, and does not require an invasive nasal swab or similar unpleasant collection approach. Saliva samples are collected in 2-3 minutes and Wren provides digital results to users, schools and workplaces within 24 hours of receiving the sample.
Several educational and community organizations have relied on Wren’s Saliva COVID PCR tests over the past year, including Independence Northwest and Children’s Center of Hamden.
Independence Northwest is a disability rights organization Connecticut which helps consumers in skilled nursing homes and other institutions return to life in the community and also helps young people make the transition from school to work. According to the director general of the organization Eileen Healy, “Access to easy-to-administer, accurate, and fast turnaround COVID tests has been critical in keeping our staff safe and enabling us to continue serving our consumers in the community. ”
The children’s center of Hamden, a private, non-profit organization that provides behavioral health treatment and special education to children and adolescents and offers a range of outpatient, after-school, daytime and residential programs. The center uses Wren’s PCR saliva test as part of its protocol with staff who have been in close contact with infected people. “Access to accurate, easy-to-use testing provides faster peace of mind, complies with our safety protocols and has also reduced absenteeism,” said the Children’s Center of Hamden Chief executive officer Selma N. Ward.
With some of the most accurate results in the country, Wren’s PCR test has proven to detect viral loads below 2,500 NDU / mL, the most sensitive saliva-based test on the market. Over-the-counter antigen tests are significantly less accurate than traditional PCR approaches and are generally hundreds of times less sensitive than PCR tests. The CDC specifically recommends PCR to confirm infection with the virus.
Organizations revising their testing protocols should consider:
- Regular testing builds confidence: Testing provides peace of mind to help Americans return to work, school, and other life events. With the most accurate results available and the efficiency in detecting all known variants, the Wren PCR test provides the peace of mind you need now to return to work and school.
- Easy access and long shelf life: Wren’s Saliva Collection Kits are available for purchase online for consumers and are stable for over a year, making them ideal for schools, businesses, and anyone in need of a program. regular testing.
- Clear numerical results: In many contexts, people must show proof of negative tests before returning to work, school, travel, or other large gatherings. Wren’s TAPS (Test and Passport Solution) provides testers with a secure mobile app to track the status of their tests and receive updates on their smartphones. Employers, educational institutions and sports authorities can also use the system to track test information from employees, students and members, initiate test requests and quickly receive results.
In October 2020, Wren Laboratories was the first American laboratory. to receive approval for a saliva-based PCR diagnostic test combined with a proprietary collection device that changes the color of the sample, reassuring the user that the sample collection was performed correctly and that the the sample was stabilized. The easy-to-use collection device allows samples to be taken at home or in the office without medical supervision and easily transported at room temperature as the sample is automatically stabilized.
About Troglodyte: Wren Laboratories is a state-of-the-art molecular genomics facility based at Branford, Connecticut. It operates a CLIA-certified clinical diagnostic laboratory specializing in liquid molecular biopsy testing for cancer and other diseases. https://shop.wrencovidtesting.com/
View original content: https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/wren-laboratories-launches-first-direct-to-consumer-saliva-covid-19-pcr-test-for-children-ages-five – and-adults-just-in-time-for-back-to-school-and-work-301326935.html
SOURCE Wren Laboratories